Did you know that eggs can be up to 3 weeks old before they even get to a supermarket? Do you know the conditions the hens experienced, or what was fed to them? Wouldn’t you prefer access to fresh, hormone free eggs from happy, healthy chickens?
Keeping chickens for eggs is a wonderful and rewarding thing to do. If you have children, it is also a valuable hobby for your little ones to help with.
You'll be amazed at the difference eating an egg that is only a day, an hour or 5 minutes old! With calcium rich hard shells, the yolks are large and packed full of essential nutrients. The white is full of body and hugs the yolk when you crack it in your frying pan for breakfast. Cakes and muffins are light and fluffy and more moist compared to cooking with store bought eggs.
It’s a comparison that you just have to taste for yourself.
The needs of chickens are simple; shelter from the sun and rain, a comfortable place to lay eggs, a small space to scratch around in, fresh water and lots of kitchen or garden scraps. Chickens are the cornerstone of recycling and composting in your garden turning kitchen scraps into fresh eggs and provide fertiliser for your vegetable garden and compost.
Most importantly, you know what they eat and therefore know the quality of the eggs you eat.
No hormones, no treated feeds, no cramped cages, just a good life for your hens, and fresh nutritious eggs for you!
We specialise in introducing chickens to families that have never had chickens of their own, offering plenty of practical hints and tips that will help your chickens quickly adjust to their new home. All of our chickens come along with:
- A chicken care guide
- A chicken feeding guide
- Plenty of friendly advice!
Why our chickens are the best
- Family friendly
- Very healthy, quality chickens
- Reliable layers
Owning your own Chickens means:
- Greeting your ‘girls’ in the morning and be thanked with a warm freshly laid egg for breakfast.
- Knowing that your eggs are coming from happy hens that aren’t cooped up in inhumane cages.
- You can be sure that the eggs you are eating are nutritionally superior as they are fresh and organic.
We deliver and install chicken pens, bring the chickens to you, then get you setup so that all you need to do is collect the eggs!
- 'Cluckingham Palace'
- 2 x Laying Chickens
- Certified Organic Feed (20kg)
- Feeder (5kg)
- Water Bowl
- Bag of Straw
- Chicken Care Guide
- Free Delivery and Installation*
- Free ongoing support via phone or email if you need it
*Perth Metro area only.
Additional Chickens can be added to the package!
For more information on our Starter Package including pricing please register your interest below:
- Hand made in Perth - no imports here!
- Excellent protection from the weather. Weather and pest proof.
- Upgradeable Run : Additional run sections available to increase the length of the enclosure.
- Pens available in starter package or separately. Hen house also available separately to run.
- Solid construction - Durable, sturdy and made to last! Designed specifically to withstand Perth's weather conditions
- Support a local WA small business
2.5m long x 1.1m wide x 1.1m high
Access through a front gate.
- Let Chooks in/out.
- Easy access to clean run.
- Easy access to water bowl.
- Additional run sections available to extend enclosure.
Access through lifting roof.
- Very easy to lift. Lightweight and very sturdy.
- Easy access to collect eggs.
- Excellent access for cleaning.
Large nesting box.
- Very easy to collect eggs.
- Easy to clean with waterproof flooring - can be hosed clean.
Additional runs (length 1.3m) can be added for extra length.
Our chicken pens are hand made in a workshop in Perth. We understand Perth's tough weather conditions and build our coops to last.
The alternative is a mass factory produced chicken pen, imported and found on online shopping and retail pet chain stores. These chicken pens look cute, however the reality is they simply do not last. In fact after less than a year the pen may become unusable.
In addition, the pens are fumigated to enter the country. The pens often smell like fumigant for months and in many cases the fumigant crystallises and can be found in solid form on the inside and outside of the coops. Perfect for the chooks to pick at or to find its way onto your child's hands.
The coops often arrive with split wood and rusted fittings, they warp and swell in wet weather, are much smaller than you would be lead to believe and do not stack up to the claims made by enthusiastic salespeople (Suits 6 chickens?....crazy!)
We offer you a much better option!
"Now we have a great hobby, fresh eggs and relaxing sounds of chooks"
"We are so happy with the chicken house and chickens"
"Just one phone call and we had our chicken pen setup with chickens"
If you have your own chickens, the eggs might not be as organic as you think....
The ingredients used in common feeds have been sprayed with a range of chemicals!
Go organic instead!
Click here for more information.
Egg cartons just got personal!
Your chicken's names on a variety of fun and funky egg carton stickers.
Our high quality glossy labels are easy to use and look great!
See our designs here
All products are available separately. To receive our pricing for all of our chicken products, such as pens, feeds, feeders and chickens please complete the below form.
The thought of keeping chickens raises a lot of questions:
- Are chickens noisy?
- Do chickens smell?
- How much room do I need?
- How many chickens can I have?
All these questions and more answered in our FAQ’s